Evening Primrose Oil
for Acne, Estrogen Dominance, PMS, and Inflammation
Evening Primrose Oil is an excellent source of the important gamma-linolenic acid (GLA) providing 117 mg of GLA per softgel. This Evening Primrose Oil formulation is 100% pure cold expeller pressed and hexane free. It is derived from the seeds of the evening primrose, a high quality source of gamma-linolenic acid.
Gamma linolenic acid is the precursor to a class compounds known as prostaglandins, specifically prostaglandin E1 (PGE1). Among their functions, prostaglandins regulate and can be either proinflammatory or anti-inflammatory. Gamma linolenic acid favors the formation of the latter, thus supporting healthy immune function.
Body functions that require proper prostaglandin regulation include:
· monitoring blood pressure and viscocity
· managing cell growth and division
· promoting a healthy metabolic rate
· supporting the immune system and
· regulating secretion of hormones
GLA is anti-inflammatory and may promote healthy hormone production
Series 1 prostaglandins help prevent hormones from going into hyper-drive, since they down-regulate the frenetic activity of series 2 prostaglandins. This means that estrogen levels – if estrogen dominant – may be able to come down some, and that insulin and testosterone levels can also be brought back down into check.
· is thought to reduce PMS symptoms and heavy periods
· may help blunt insulin resistance
· can help the body regulate its immune response and sooth gastrointestinal inflammation
· can boost fertility via calming insulin and testosterone production, and keeping estrogen and progesterone in better balance